Note: If you live in a very far northern part of the world, or you're…
I’m going to start with this:
Not enough of you guys are taking advantage of this very simple testosterone hack.
Not only is cold exposure fantastic for testosterone, but you’re looking at productivity improvements (especially when you do it in the morning), immune system strengthening, clearer focus, and better sleep (again, if you do this stuff in the morning).
Cold showers are the most fundamental level of cold exposure for testosterone. They’re fantastic because you can do them every single day with minimal time invested.
They’re a great way to ensure that you start each day energised, focused, and ready to conquer your work/finances/any goals you’re focusing on.
(Bonus point for focus & productivity if you do them fasted.)
They’re also a VERY easy habit to form – I talk about them a lot more inside Testosterone Cheat Codes.
Benefits Of Cold Showers
- Increased Testicular Function: Cold showers stimulate the testes due to the cold temperature, which increases blood flow to the testes and improves testicular function dramatically. The testes are responsible for producing testosterone, and improved testicular function and leads to increased testosterone production.
- Reduced Heat-Induced Testosterone Suppression: Testosterone levels may be temporarily suppressed by heat exposure, such as a hot, clammy day. Cold showers counteract this heat-induced suppression and helps to ‘kick-start’ things.
- Enhanced Circulation: Cold showers can cause vasoconstriction, which is the narrowing of blood vessels. This can increase blood pressure (temporarily) and stimulate circulation throughout the body, potentially including the testes. Improved blood flow and circulation supports healthy testicular function and has a very positive impact on testosterone production.
- Indirect Psychological Effects: Cold showers are invigorating and can induce a stress response in the body. This is short-term cortisol spike, but a long-term reduction, meaning more testosterone for you going forward. They’re also great for focus and productivity.
The psychological effects are one of the biggest reasons I personally like cold showers. I don’t do them every day. But if you’re someone looking to make some real bank over the next 3-5 years, you might want to get into the habit of doing these every morning before getting to work.
If you want to take cold therapy to the next level however, ice baths may be something to look at.
Whilst it may not be feasible or practical to do as a daily habit, the effects are more dramatic than a five minute cold shower.
Perhaps once a week or once a fortnight would be a good idea, especially if you tied this in with a longer day of sunlight exposure for example. This combination could really take you to new heights.
What To Expect With Ice Baths
- Testicular Stimulation: The cold temperature of an ice bath stimulates the testicles BIG time, which are responsible for producing testosterone. Ice baths also increase the production of luteinizing hormone (LH), a hormone that signals the testicles to produce more testosterone.
- Decreased Estrogen: Ice baths may also decrease the production of estrogen, which limits testosterone production in men, so reducing estrogen levels could help to maintain or increase testosterone levels.
- Improved Blood Flow: Cold water immersion can cause vasoconstriction, narrowing of blood vessels, which may increase blood flow to the testicles. Improved blood flow can enhance the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the testes for optimal testosterone production.
- Reduced Inflammation: Ice baths are anti-inflammatory and can help to reduce inflammation in the body. Inflammation is very strongly associated with lower testosterone levels, so reducing inflammation will help to support healthy testosterone levels.
- Enhanced Recovery: Cold water immersion is often used as a recovery technique by athletes to reduce muscle soreness and promote muscle recovery. Without adequate recovery, you MAY be looking at reduced testosterone.
Ice baths are very powerful, they’re just not quite as convenient as cold showers.
So a really good routine for cold exposure for testosterone could look like the following:
Monday – AM Cold Shower (3 minutes)
Tuesday – AM Cold Shower (3.5 minutes)
Wednesday – AM Cold Shower (4 minutes)
Thursday – AM Cold Shower (4.5 minutes)
Friday – AM Cold Shower (5 minutes)
Saturday – Ice Bath (5 minutes)
Sunday – OFF (allow your body to reset and re-sensitise)
Cold exposure comes with a ton of physical and mental benefits that have nothing to do with testosterone, however if you’re looking for some quick gains in the T department, definitely do them.
The blood flow, stimulation, and cortisol control will all have a positive impact on your testosterone.
If you want to lean more about fast, aggressive testosterone hacks that will make a huge difference within WEEKS, check out Testosterone Cheat Codes.